Neil Close who has submitted an entry for most of our competitions was the only entrant
in the latest one and so is duly recorded as the winner with the following up-
1. A miss is as good as a male.
2. Two's company, three's more fun.
3. A bird in the hand is more likely to do the dirty on you.
4. Better late than dead on time.
5. Children should be seen and heard -
6. Where there's smoke there's CO2 emissions.
7. Strike while the....on second thoughts just chillax.
8. Don't bite the hand that hasn't first been cleaned with anti-
9. No news is best sourced on Twitter.
10.If at first you don't succeed, join your local Losers Group.
For the next competition (which could be the last unless the number of entries increases),
it's story time again. Write a story of up to 250 words involving a piece of string,
No prizes except the pleasure of seeing the winner’s efforts in print.
Email entries to or by post to Ken Hulme, 26 Rutland Drive, Harrogate HG1 2NS by 3rd September
|Non U3A 2|
|Non U3A 3|
|Non U3A 4|
|Non U3A 5|
|Groups A and B|
|B & C Groups|
|Cycling to German|
|History of Art|
|Groups H to L|
|Groups R to T|
|Textile and Theatre|